Monday, December 29, 2014

Dedicating Eleanor Reece

Last week, we celebrated a joyous occasion. Yes, last week was Christmas, but that's not it. On December 21, my whole family got together at my church in Chesapeake, VA and we dedicated my sweet angel, Eleanor Reece to The Lord.

The reason why we dedicate rather than baptize, is that we want our children to make a concious, deliberate decision to be baptized, when they are older. We also believe that when people are baptized, one should be completely covered in water, not just sprinkled. in fact, the very meaning of "baptize" means to submerge, immerse. Not sprinkle. Anyways!

last week was such a great time. My parents flew in from Florida, my sister-in-law, her hubby and niece came in from North Carolina, and my Hubby's aunt drove from northern Virginia too. My sister and her fam were there too, but they live here so they didn't have to travel. All in all, it was a pretty great turn out. Lots of people went out of their way for Eleanor and it made my heart so happy.

I just want to share with you all, one of the most important parenting decisions Hubs and I have made so far. We pray for Eleanor every day. We want her to grow up and make her own decisions, but we want her to live for God, keeping His commandments. And dedicating her to Jesus, will help us as parents to keep the promise we made to take her to church, pray with her, pray for her, and to do everything we can in our power to make sure Eleanor grows up in the Truth.

Anyways, here are a few pictures of our little bundle of joy in her gorgeous dress!
Photo credit: Michelle Eisele by Let It Shine Blog
 Here we are with our wonderful pastor (Bro. Cunningham), with his beautiful wife! =)

 My beautiful family! 



 This is probably my favorite picture of us =) 


 Here is my parents, holding Eleanor. My wonderful mom spent countless hours, making Eleanor's dress. She got so many complements on the great job she did! 

 This is Johns side of the family that came out for the occasion. Don't we look spiffy? 
Here is the big group Photo! My whole family and John's whole family. Completed with Eleanor is the middle. I love. 

THE END! 

No comments:

Post a Comment