Monday, December 8, 2014

December to Remember

December is the most wonderful time of the year. Between all the shopping, decorating and good cheer, I have compiled a list of reasons why December is great.


  • It's Army Vs. Navy time!! Each year, the United States Naval Academy and West Point get together for some friendly competition. People make spirit spot videos, everyone gets hyped up and I am all in. I love Army, Navy week! GO NAVY BEAT ARMY!

This is Billy the goat. Navy Midshipman mascot! Fear the Goat!
  • It gets cold but not too cold. It gets cold enough to get in those cutsie sweaters, but not cold enough to get those super puffy jackets out and bundle up, looking like the Michelin man.
Here we are, all Bundled up last January. The snow was fun for a while, but it was too cold! BBBRRRR! and our little nugget was all snuggled up in my belly =)
  • People get into the holiday spirit. People instantly become nicer because its just "the season" to be nice. I wish people were nice all year round, but its nice to see people Pay It Forward at least some of the time.
  • Decorations. I love it when people decorate for the Christmas season. Lights on their houses, lights on the trees, lights on stick figures, light shows, blow up characters galore! Its so fun to see how creative people get with lights and so much more.
This was our previous home. We got in the Christmas Spirit in the years past, but this year with the new baby, John's surgery and getting a new car (and all the paperwork that goes with it) we just haven't had the time. So we will let other folks be creative this year. And See Charlie at the door!? So cute. 
  • Christmas parties! I love getting all dressed up and going to Christmas parties. I am going to my first "Command Party" this Thursday. Even though my hubby and I have been here for 2 1/2 years, this is the first time we are able to go due to other things like Duty and Deployments (ugh). We are so excited! Oh, and don't forget the food! MMMMMMMM =)
  • The Music. I love turning on the radio and  hearing songs like "Mary Did You Know?" or "What Child is This?". Granted, they aren't played very much anymore because someone might get offended, but its just so great to hear happy songs, rather than sad songs about breakups, or nasty songs about grinding in the club. 
  • And from here on out, December will forever be the month that we found out we were expecting our little girl! Last year on December 9, I found out I was pregnant. I had to wait 10 extremely long days to tell ANYONE because I wanted to tell John first, but he was underway. I wanted to see his face, so I waited until I picked him up from the ship on December 19. I ordered a "Navy Baby" onsie and wrapped it up super cute. Then I gave it to him when he got off the ship. When he opened it, he took the shortest glance, looked at me and said "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" All I had to do was smile and nod, and he swooped me up and I had never seen him so happy in my life. He just kept on twirling me around, hugging me and saying "Oh my gosh! I am so Excited!" I bet we looked super weird to the other 500 people who were getting off the ship at the same time as he did. We probably made quite a scene but I don't care. We were happy. And still are! Here is my little girl wearing the onsie on the way home from the hospital. We had to girly it up since it was a little plain and boyish looking. 
This is the present, the ultrasound (which came a  month later) and Eleanor in her going-home outfit =) 

There are so many reasons why I love Christmas, but the most important has to be Jesus. He is the Saviour of all the world. This holiday celebrates the birth of how he came to earth. Later he died on the cross for our sins to set us free. Jesus is the Reason for the Season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment