Monday, October 20, 2014

Its Burlap Season

I sure do love burlap y'all. recently I got about 2 yards of burlap from Joann's in hopes of making a fall wreath. Here's a few things I didn't know about Burlap before I purchased it.

It sheds worse than a husky in the Florida Summer.
Its itchy.
It can make your allergies flare up. It sure made mine!
If you sew with it, make sure your machine can handle it. Its heavy duty stuff.

Anywho, I made a super cute wreath with my two yards of burlap. I already had the "P", so that wasn't a cost. When it was finished, I thought it still needed a little "something". I searched my house, high and low for something Fall-ish. Then I came upon this little pumpkin that my mom gave Charlie, my puppy, some treats in last year. Perfect! I love how it turned out. Just a little whimsical, but not over the top =)



I had just enough burlap leftover to make a super cute fall banner. I used all this fun stuff to make my banner. I was pretty much flying by the seat of my pants when I did this, but oh well. Turned out alright. So here is what I used.


I cut my triangles out, but I made a template first. That's the triangle, thing.
Then I used my handy dandy rotary cutter to cut my triangles out, and I used a sharpie to just write on the burlap. I said "give thanks" on mine but you can write whatever you want on yours! Last, I used my hot glue gun and jute to hot glue them to make it into a banner. Super cute! Here is my final product.

My little Pilgrim People have made their appearance! See them right next to the Photo album that doesn't have any outside cover pictures? I'm so classy. And lazy. But I do love my Pilgrim People. They are a blast from my past. You can only get them from Publix, which is a grocery store in the south. Ah, I miss it there.

And lastly, My favorite part of Fall. My sweet little lady, all dressed up in a candy corn outfit, made it love by Nana! =)


HAPPY FALL, Y'ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment