Saturday, September 20, 2014

Let me Introduce Myself =)

Hello everyone! My name is Melissa. I am new to this whole blogging scene. Let’s start with a little bit about myself. 
First and foremost, I am an apostolic Pentecostal. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins, rose again in three days, and is coming again for His people. I believe that if we repent, are baptized and receive the Holy Ghost, that you can live in his kingdom for all eternity. I believe that His mercy and grace is sufficient for me. I believe that His love lifted me. Which is what I decided to name this here nifty little blog. 

So now that I have my beliefs worked out, let me tell you about my Fam. I have a pretty hunky husband. He is in the US Navy, which would make me a Navy Wife. Anchors Aweigh! His name is John. We met down in Pensacola, Fl. I can tell you all about our little love story later. We have been married for three wonderful years. I could not imagine what I would have done if God hadn't brought John in my life when He did. 
Here we are! We Tied the Knot on 09-10-2011 at 12:00 Noon. I love numbers! 
Photo Credit: Luker Smith Photography

Shortly after we were married, we acquired a beautiful little puppy. We went to a rescue one day for funsies to look at the dogs. We ended up going home with the cutest little puppy. We took him to meet my mom, and she unintentionally named him Charlie Brown. He is a dachshund, Catahoula mix. What is a Catahoula you ask? It’s a Louisiana Herding dog. My grandfather called them Louisiana hog dogs. They herd pigs in case you didn't pick up on that. =) He isn't that little anymore seeing as he's almost 25 pounds, but he thinks he is still the little 9 pound puppy we got from the shelter. 
My little Weenie, Charlie. Isn't he the CUTEST?!

Just about a month before we celebrated our three year anniversary, we welcomed a beautiful baby girl into this world. We named her Eleanor Reece. Let me tell you, the love that I have for her is like no other. It was so weird thinking of myself as a mother at first, but now I couldn't imagine it any other way. She is the most precious little gift that I ever received. From the time she came about, to the time she made her grand entrance was not ideal, but I will tell you more about that later (I have so much to write about! AAHH!) 


 Here is a maternity photo. Im going to build some anticipation of y'all meeting Eleanor =)

Now on to me. I was born and raised in Pensacola, Florida, But I am 23 now and live in Virginia Beach, VA which is where the Hubs is stationed. I am a southern girl, so living in Virginia is not the most ideal situation, but I can deal. I never even saw snow until I moved here. BBRR! God knows my heart though, and He will eventually lead me back to my roots where the sand is white, the water is clear, and I can wear flip flops all year long. want to know a few random things about muah? Here you go!
There have been a few occasions where I don't match my clothes. Go ahead, judge me. Lots of people do. 
I love, love, love cheese.
Giraffes are my favorite animal.
I love to sew.
I like anything with anchors on them.
I can’t stand fake people (but who can, right?)
Some people in my family (Hint: it’s my sister) think I have OCD. I just like things a certain way.
I may have an unhealthy addiction to online yard sale sites. Yikes! 
Selfie Time! Yeah, that's a beauty and the beast phone case. I heart Disney! 



I have so much more I want to share. However, I don't want to overload everyone with a million stories at a time. I will also be sharing some tutorials on fun and sometimes crazy sewing projects I become intrigued with, and maybe even some food posts. Because, you know, I love food. 
Tata for now! 



1 comment:

  1. I am your first comment and your first follower on Bloglovin'! :)

    ReplyDelete